The Editorial Team reserves the right to reject those manuscripts that do not fulfill the requirements of the checklist, have formal or methodological deficiencies; findings do not add substantial knowledge or are out of the scope of the journal.
Rejection will be notified to the authors without further correspondence.
Reception and management of the articles
The articles should be sent by the ONLINE access of this journal. To do so, you must previously register.
If you have any doubt related to submitting material write an electronic mail to email@example.com
The process of submitting manuscripts has 5 steps:
- STEP 1. BEGINNING: check to ship, authors transfer property rights and may make comments to the editor.
- STEP 2. UPLOAD SHIPPING: only the original article (.doc .docx) to be reviewed is uploaded.
- STEP 3. ENTER THE METADATA: the authors’ personal data are filled in and the contact author is indicated.
- STEP 4. RISING COMPLEMENTARY FILES: in this step it rises:
- Upload a presentation page in Microsoft Word document or similar (avoid PDF). This document serves to facilitate the work of the editorial manager and consists of: identification data, affiliation and contact details of the authors defining the author of correspondence.
- Graphs, images and videos in high quality to improve the article (optional)
- STEP 5. CONFIRMATION: the final step in which the shipment is confirmed.
Specification of the files to send on the ONLINE platform
A single copy (.doc/docx) will be sent to the journal editor team which only consists of:
- Title of the article. 12 words at most.
- Type of article: research article, revision article or scientific card, indicating the section in which it goes directed to publish.
- Authorships, filiations and scientific identifiers.
- Authorships: the international searchers use the last surname by default. We advise to indicate a single surname or the union of the surnames with a hyphen.
- Filiations: it has to be those that each institution recognizes officially.
- Include personal identifier of research Publons (ResearcherID) and/or ORCID.
- Author of correspondence. Indicate the email addresses and the telephone number of the author who designates himself asa link of correspondence between the publishing company and the other authorships.
- That all authorships declare:
- That it is an original article
- That it has not been published previously in its whole or partly.
- That it is not in evaluation process in any other publication.
- That all authors are responsible for the final version of this article, the elaboration of which they have contributed to.
- That if accepted for publication, all author’s copyright are transferred to the Institut Nacional d’Educació Física de Catalunya (INEFC), assuming all exclusive rights to edit, publish or reproduce it in any format, and without its permission will not be able to reproduce totally or partially none of the materials that are part of it.
It must be a Microsoft Word document or similar (PDF is not accepted), in one column and with continuous line numbers so that the inspectors can indicate its suggestions.
Total number of words
The articles do not have to exceed the maximum of 4000 words excluding title, authorships, summary, taules, figures, gratitudes and references. The articles for the section Scientific Notes, which they are only published in English, have to contain a maximum of 1500 words and 2 taules or figures, with the exception of the summary, key words, gratitudes and references.
The articles must be sent in Catalan or Spanish. The journal is published in Catalan, Spanish and English. All articles will be translated into the other two languages.
In Word format with continuous line numbers. Font and size: Times New Roman, 12. Line spacing: double(2.0), for all the text excluding the notes at the foot of the page. Margins: 2.54 cm. Sagnia: marked with the tab of the keyboard or sagnia of first line in 1.25 (do not use space bar). Alignment of the text: left
The title should be no more than 12 words and should be unequivocal and understandable by specialized readers. It should include a substantive part (the topic) and, if its proceeds, the method used.
Authors and affiliations
Authors: the international searchers use the last surname by default. We advise to indicate a single surname or the union of the surnames with a hyphen.
Affiliations: Make sure that the authors’ affiliation is officially recognized by each institution. Include personal identifiers or Publons (ResearcherID) ID or ORCID.
A maximum of 6 and it is recommended that they coincide with international descriptors that pick them up (for example, THESAURUS/MeSH, Inderscience) and not coincident with the title of the article.
A maximum of 250 words and it should not include direct references; written in past tense.
It should not be compartmentalised into sections but should contain relevant information on the interest of the study, the objectives, the method and the main results obtained.
- Introduction: can include a maximum of two subsections and has to expose the object of study: to be written up in past tense.
- Methodology: to be written up in past tense. It includes:
- Participants (NON subjects): where it is necessary to indicate the full name of the ethical committee which has given its approval research and, if any, the code granted.
- Materials and instruments. Procedure.
- Analysis of data: to be written up in past tense.
- Results: to be written up in past tense.
- Conclusion: writing that synthesizes the main contributions of the study and can include the limitations and future prospects.
- References: 25 at most, according to the rules APA, 7th edition, and has to include the DOI of each reference (with https://). In order to lighten the reading of the article, the references with more than two authors should be cited based on the first author, as in (first Author et al., year). References with just two authors should be cited as (Author & Author, year).
Policy of revision
The process of articles management follows these steps:
In the maximum period of 30 days, from the reception of each article, and after applying the policy of plagiarism detection (policy of screening for plagiarism), it will be communicated to the authors if the Editorial Team rejects the article or if it advances in the process of being subjected to the first evaluation of scientific inspectors.
In case the manuscript shows formal, methodological deficiencies or do not mean a relevant contribution or interest for the thematic areas of the journal, the Editorial Team will reject it without option of return and no further correspondence will be maintained with the authors of rejected articles.
In case the original text is considered for following the process of revision, it will be given back to the authors to adapts it, in a term of 30 days, always respecting the formal and ethical criteria of the checklist. As many revisions will be carried out as the inspectors require. The date of entry of the article will be that of the acceptance for its publication.
If discrepancy between the two inspectors of the evaluated article, either a third inspector or another assessment of the Editorial Team will be assigned.
Once the article has been definitively accepted, before it is published, the galley proofs will be sent to the corresponding author in PDF, who must review them within at most 5 days.
Rights and responsibilities of the AUTHOR
The author’s copyright of the articles published to Apunts. Educación Física y Deportes are a property of the journal and will not be able to be reproduce partial or totally without permission of the Editorial Team of the journal.
The journal accepts no responsibility for the ideas and opinions expressed by the authors of the articles or contributions. The journal does not control nor does it take any responsibility for the links and hypertexts in some articles which provide access to features and services offered by third parties on other websites.
Texts that are candidates to be published articles must be previously unpublished and original and cannot be in a simultaneous review process to be published in other journals or editorial bodies.
The journal accepts no previously published material. The authors are responsible for getting any permits needed to partly reproduce material (text, tables, or figures) from other publications as well as for properly citing their source.
Texts will not be published with contents that promote some type of social, racial or ethnic, political, sexual or religious discrimination.
The authors have to mention in the section of methods, for researches with participants:
a) The existence of informed consent.
b) The complete name of the ethical Committee that has given the approval of the research and, if it exists, the conceded code. The authors can attach copy of the mentioned authorization.
The articles that have obtained an economic help or financier to publish must have the permission of the corresponding institution.
The journal declines any responsibility about possible conflicts derived from the authorship of the articles that are published to Apunts. Educación Física y Deportes.